The Accounting Supervisor serves as the primary financial adviser to the City Manager, maintains financial records and assists in the preparation of the fiscal budget. In addition to these things, the Accounting Supervisor
- Assures that assigned areas of responsibility are performed within budget
- Performs cost control activities
- Monitors revenues and expenditures to assure sound fiscal control
- Assures effective and efficient use of budgeted funds, personnel, materials, facilities and time
- Assists in ensuring that all funds of the City are invested to maximize earnings
Municipal Energy Usage for Calendar Year 2016
The City of Commerce purchases natural gas from Atmos Energy. In calendar year 2018, the City purchased a total of 20,514 cubic feet (CCF) of natural gas.
The City purchases electricity from GEXA Energy, TXU Energy, and Farmers Electric Cooperative. In calendar year 2018, the City purchased a total of 4,921,078 kilowatt hours.
The City was its own water supplier. In calendar year 2018, the City consumed a total of 2,102,000 gallons of water.
The total cost of natural gas, electricity and water purchased by the City in the calendar year 2016 is $477,737.71.