The Commerce Fire Department is currently accepting applications for Part-Time Firefighter/EMT These positions participate in fire suppression, prevention, public education, rescue activities aimed at protecting life, property and the environment, and to provide first responder service within our jurisdiction. QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must possess Basic Texas Fire Fighter certification by the Texas Commission on Fire Protection.
- Current CPR/AED certification or be able to obtain before starting
- Must have completed NIMS 100, 200, 700 and 800 or complete within six months of hire date.
- Must possess and maintain throughout employment an EMT-B certification or higher.
- Must have completed or complete within 6 months from hire date the Courage To Be Safe courseand the Traffic Incident Management Program course.
- Must possess or be able to obtain a valid Class B Texas motor vehicle operator’s license.
- Must successfully pass a written exam, physical agility test and oral interview board.
- Must successfully pass a pre-employment physical and drug screen.
- Must be able to work a minimum of two 24-hour shifts per month.
- Location: 1103 Sycamore Street, Commerce, Texas 75428 (Commerce Fire Station)
- Written Test Date: August 4, 2020
- Written Test Time: 9:00 AM
- Physical Agility Test: August 4, 2020 (immediately following written test)
- Bring clothes to be used during Physical Agility Test (long pants and closed toe shoes are required)
- Interviews to be scheduled.
- Commerce City Hall, attn.: Molly Jacobsen, 1119 Alamo Street, Commerce, TX 75428 (by mail)
- Fax: (903)886-8929 or e-mail to email@example.com
|Job Category||Fire Department, Public Safety|