JOB SUMMARY Plans, administers, and directs recreation programs that are centered around youth sports, with limited adult programs. Performs a variety of routine and complex clerical, secretarial and administrative work in keeping official records, providing administrative support to the Parks staff, and assisting in the administration of the standard operating policies and procedures of the department. PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plans, organizes, directs, and supervises recreation programs while adhering to city policies.
- Processes program registrations.
- Represents the department in matters concerning recreation and special events at meetings and workshops.
- Record information on and prepare reports concerning community programs, costs, numbers of participants and equipment and facility use.
- Provide monthly and year reports about recreation programs and opportunities.
- Secures and trains officials for all team sports.
- Enlists, trains, and supervises volunteer coaches for all teams.
- Maintain constant community liaison including contacts with local, regional, and territorial sport and recreation organizations.
- Assist in purchasing required athletic supplies budgeted and recommend future purchases.
- Repair sports equipment, and perform some routine maintenance and cleaning tasks as required.
- Ensure that recreation facilities are operated and maintained effectively and safely and prepared for scheduled events.
- Directly supervises volunteers and officials in accordance with city policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing and training volunteers and officials; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Prepares and distributes flyers, brochures, notices, newsletters, schedules for baseball, softball, basketball, soccer, etc.
- Assists with scheduling and room set-up.
- Duplicates and distributes material.
- Assists public with use of department facilities.
- Corresponds with the media in promoting various activities and arrange for advertising of programs.
- Performs routine clerical and administrative work in answering phones, receiving the public, providing customer assistance, cashiering, data processing, and bookkeeping.
- Receives the public and answers questions; responds to inquiries from employees, citizens and others and refers, when necessary, to appropriate persons.
- Assists in the procurement of department materials and supplies.
- Operates listed office machines as required.
- Acts as custodian of departmental documents and records. Establishes and maintains filing systems, control records and indexes using moderate independent judgment.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Graduation from a high school or GED equivalent with specialized course work in general office practices such as typing, filing, accounting and bookkeeping; and
- Two (2) years of increasingly responsible related experience in a recreational position with at least one (1) year at a supervisory level; or
- Any equivalent combination of related education and experience.
|Job Category||Parks & Recreation|
|Reports To||Director of Parks & Recreation|