Under administrative direction of the Finance Director, performs routine clerical, administrative, and data processing in administering accounts payable functions of the city.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES
- Monitor and process payment requests, purchase order approvals and purchase order releases in Seamless Docs system.
- Monitor accounts payable email and distribute all invoices and statements to appropriate departments for processing.
- Enters invoices into vendor files and maintains master vendor list.
- Enters new vendors into the system and confirms all information needed has been received and filed in master vendor file.
- Processes invoices for payment; matches invoices with purchase order; checks all claims for accuracy; verifies account codes for proper assignment of budget expenditure; verifies extensions on invoices.
- File all payment documentation on a weekly basis.
- Maintain aging report and contact with vendors regarding payments, refunds, credits, and all pending activity.
- Enters monthly P-card transactions into the ERP system, while confirming coding and vendor set up.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent is required.
- Two (2) years of increasingly responsible related experience; or
- Any equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong Interpersonal Skills to gracefully handle customer and communications and find win-win solutions.
- Working knowledge of computers and electronic data processing.
- Working knowledge of modern office equipment, procedures, and filing.
- Skill in effective oral and written communications.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED
Personal computer, including word processing software, spreadsheets, and databases; Motor vehicle; calculator; phone; copy and fax machines
Must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and use standard office equipment, including a computer; vision to read printed materials and a computer screen; and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone. Standing and walking in work areas is frequently required. Finger dexterity is needed to access, enter, and retrieve data using a computer keyboard or calculator and to operate standard office equipment. Positions in this classification occasionally bend, stoop, kneel, reach, push, and pull drawers open and closed to retrieve and file information. Employees must possess the ability to lift, carry, push, and pull materials and objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
Employees work in an office environment with moderate noise levels, controlled temperature conditions, and no direct exposure to hazardous physical substances. Employees may interact with upset staff and/or public and private representatives in interpreting and enforcing departmental policies and procedures.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
A copy of the City’s Step & Grade/Pay plan regarding compensation can be found online at: https://commercetx.org/open-data/#146-personnel
The City of Commerce offers a competitive benefits package including a contributory retirement plan, medical, dental and vision insurance for City employees paid for 100% by the employer, life and disability insurance, and paid time off.
Formal application, rating of education and experience; oral interview and reference check; job related tests may be required; drug screen; final selection and pre-employment medical examination. NOTE: Appointees will be subject to completion of a standard probationary period which will last for six (6) months. Appointees have access to paid, vacation time following the completion of their probationary period. Appointees have access to health, vision and dental insurance benefits on the first of the month following the first full month of employment.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
The City of Commerce is an “at will” employer. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
The City of Commerce is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to age, race, gender, ethnicity, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Applicant certifies by submitting an application that they have read and understand this job description.
|Reports To||Finance Director|